ALGONA, Iowa (AP) — A 17-year-old girl who died after helping to clean a hog confinement building in Kossuth County was overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said Thursday.
Victoria Marie Parra-Lerdo was found unconscious Monday night in the building in rural Swea City.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — George Floyd died of a sudden heart rhythm disturbance as a result of his heart disease, a forensic pathologist testified for the defense Wednesday at former Officer Derek Chauvin's murder trial, contradicting prosecution experts who said Floyd succumbed to a lack of oxygen from the way he was pinned down.
METHUEN, Mass. (AP) — The Massachusetts couple found dead in their home of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning over the weekend have been identified as a well-respected retired police officer and his wife.
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A Polish man who died this month outside Mexico City appears to have perished from carbon monoxide poisoning and there was no evidence of organ harvesting, Mexican authorities said Friday.
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Three coronavirus patients and a doctor died in a fire at a hospital in Ukraine.
Volodymyr Shinkarenko, the head doctor at the hospital in Zaporizhzhia, was quoted by Ukrainian news media as saying Thursday that the fire broke out in medical equipment.